Saturday 8 November 2014

Bubbles and Nichollas Courtois

The sun was almost setting; it was 3:00 pm. We could see the rays peering through the branches of the trees at the start of the altar. The trees blossomed blue and white flowers with white lights hanging down and transmitting a perfect romantic aura in the environment.  On 26th October, 2014, Nichollas Courtois and Bubbles Song wed each other in the holy matrimony of forever love.

Photograph Credits: Samual Wetherby; edited by Debby Sharma to form to a collage.


The groom walked down the altar, covered with petals, with the groomsman, Cowboy Swansen. Nichollas stood there waiting at the end of the altar with his eyes sparkling as he looked down thinking about the last few moments of his bachelor life ended. Then the flower girl, Sara, followed by Ivy, the bridesmaid with Blackheart, Best man and son of the couple, entered and walked towards the altar. The groom looked up with the smile and thinking all the dreams he had dreamt with his love. Becks and Bubbles held hands while climbing up the steps to walk to the end of altar. Every one smiled at the beautiful bride. The groom, Nichollas looked determined and convinced that she is the only one who could complete him in every way.  

Photograph Credits: Samual Wetherby; edited by Debby Sharma to form to a collage.

The beautiful white wedding gown sewed with soft silk and ribbons were custom made by “Junbug”. Bubbles says, “It was a weird story actually. Ever since I was a little girl, I've always said that when i get married I want Sarah's ball gown from the movie The Labyrinth. I couldn't find a mesh version in SL so I settled for a beautiful dress made by my friend Tori. When I was out shopping for bridesmaid dresses, I stumbled across this one, which is almost an exact replica of my dream dress, so I had to have it.Thank you so much Tori.”

Photograph Credits: Samual Wetherby

The preacher, Vasanti Romano, started the wedding ceremony by saying, “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join together Nichollas Courtois and Bubbles Song in the hands of marriage.” After a moment of silence, she asked Becks Jarman, bride’s best friend to give her away to Nichollas Courtois. The preacher asked both Bubbles and Nichollas if they wanted to take each other to be their wedded husband and wife respectively. Would they love, honour, comfort, and cherish each other from that day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto each other for as long as you both shall live. Bubbles replied “I do” with commitment and love in her eyes. The couple looked at each other sharing a smile with sparkle in their eyes. Nichollas replied without any hesitation, “I do.”

When it was time to exchange their vows, Nichollas chuckled saying, “Course it's me first..." while searching his pockets, he said, “I wanted to cheat and take the words I had written for you in my picks and recycle them, not because I waited 'til today to write my vows, but because they capture how I feel for you and how I've felt for you since the day we met.” Bubbles smiled as she looked at her organised man. He continued, “On that day I was looking for a DJ to hire instead I found you, a friend, my girl, my angel...my songbird. Granted, I never spoke to you much after that day and did all I could to avoid you but the moment I needed you - you appeared. You made me laugh and gave me no down time to wallow in shit. And since that day you've been caring for me, loving me and, let's face it, you've had moments you've been "dealing" with me. For a while there I was scattered and struggling and ready to book but you, with all your patience and sweetness made it your mission to help me see how lucky I am. If anyone doubts it I'll confirm to them right now that you are the most amazing woman. You showed up right when I needed you. You replaced bullshit with sanity, conflict with calm and doubt with your own brand of goofy optimism - all the while dancing around me, sticking flowers in my hair as I scowl and try not to laugh...A songbird...a siren who has sung me into a fog of something new and strange. Those were my feelings then and they're my feelings now, but here on out I get to love you as my wife.”

With tears rolling down, Bubbles wiped her cheeks saying, “I know these are probably longer than your average wedding vows, so please forgive me. But there is a lot I wanted to say to this amazing man, and you all know me well enough to know I talk too much.” With a quick laugh, taking his hand and looking up into his eyes, she spoke softly, “Nick, The very moment you came into my life, is the moment my world was turned upside down. I've never felt so inexplicably drawn to someone from the second they said "Hello". Although I had to bury it away and hide it, I always shone a little bit brighter when you were around. It was a long time coming before we found our way to one another, but when we did, it happened exactly when the time was right for both of us. You have made me feel more deeply than I thought I could, and made me happier every single day than I ever thought I would be. It hasn't been an easy road for us, but I truly believe it has been worth it. We have been brought closer and made stronger and what we have now is exactly what it should be. There is nothing we cannot face if we stand together. You make my heart smile and you are more of amazement to me, each day I rediscover you. I fall in love with you again and again with each kiss and I'm the luckiest girl alive that you chose me to be your wife. And on this day and every day onward, I promise myself to you totally and completely. I promise to trust you, encourage you and respect you. To cherish your love and never take you for granted. I promise to always be honest and open with you. To earn your love every day and always be the girl you deserve. My heart and soul are already yours but I promise to let you keep them, as long as you keep them safe and I promise to do the same with yours in return. I promise to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share in the silence when they are not and to never let us lose our spark. I promise to always argue with you.” She looked up saying, “I told you I'd get that in there!” smiling again she continued, “I promise to always be your good luck charm and cheerleader for every Broncos game. But most of all, I promise to love you unconditionally and without hesitation. Loving what I know of you and trusting what I don’t yet know, I give you my hand. I give you my love. I give you myself. These are my vows, and I make them to you with a soul full of love and a heart full of you. With every beat of my heart, I love you.”

The rings were exchanged. Nicholas placed the ring on Bubbles's finger followed by Bubbles. They took an oath, “With this ring I thee wed. I wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment.” With this Vasanti Romano ends with her final words, “I pronounce that they are husband and wife. You may now seal the promises you have made with each other with a kiss. Nicholas, you may kiss your bride!”

Photograph Credits: Samual Wetherby; edited by Debby Sharma to form to a collage.

After the wedding and the photo session, the couple went to the reception area, which was a wedding gift from the groomsman, Cowboy. Family and friends raised a toast for the newly wed couple.

Blackheart Taurus, the couple’s son said, “All I can say is I wish you and Nick all the happiness that two special people can have as they both deserve it. One promise I make to you is that I will not let you down in anyway. Congrats and much happiness to mom and dad.”

Becks Jarman, best friend of the Bride said, “Hello! For those of you who may not know me, I'm Becks! I'd sincerely like to thank everyone who could be with us today to celebrate this wonderful day. I have known Bubbles since my very first weeks on Second Life and from the first conversation with her I knew we were sister souls and I came to love her more than I can say! She showed me how much fun there is to be had here and has since been my best friend, my sister, my roommate, and still one of absolute favorite people in and out of second life! And just like Bubbles and i became fast friends, Bubbles knew Nick was the man for her the moment she met him. He was definitely her knight in shining sunglasses! I've never seen her glowing and so happy as I have when she's around this guy and I love him for it! I truly believe these two have something strong and special and I couldn't be happier for you both! I can't thank you both enough for letting me be such a big part of your special day. I'm so honoured and happy I could be here today. I know it's been a bumpy road planning this day, some keyboard malfunctions and crashes.  but we accomplished it like a boss!”

Ivy (Cottonhand) said, “The groom is my brother. I can say that Trinity is a special gift for him. I have known Nick for over a year. We met at a Rock Club. He supported me till that time and I tried to be there for him. When he told me about Bubbles, I could understand that she is very special girl and when I met her, she found a permanent place in my heart. I wish both of them a happy life. I feel so honoured to ber her bridesmaid.”

Jeanette Contepomi says, “He proposed to her at my park during her show. I have those pictures too. My daughter is their flower girl too.

Diligaff says to Bubbles, “I am so happy you have found your soul mate, I wish you and him many years of happiness.”

Delores Beaumont says, “Bubbles is what her name implies, a very bubbly personality, Nick seems to be equally as fun to be around, I think they have found the perfect partnership and wish them a very long and happy marriage together. Good luck to you both and thank you for inviting me to be a part of your special day.”
Daydream said, “Nick and Bubbles, you are the perfect SL couple.  I wish for you happiness and joy for as long as it is possible here on SL.  Love you both.”

McDerix and Mariza said, “I've known Bubbles for a long time, some would say too long! But we had a date every Thursday at the Rockin Blues Cellar and she became
great friends with all of us!  We'd like to wish Bubbles and Nick a long and happy one and a great marriage too. We love you guys.”

KiikiiDoll and Jayson said, “Congratulations to Bubbles and Nick. Sorry we were not able to make the wedding :( Jayson and I wish you and Nick all the best!”

Photograph Credits: Samual Wetherby; edited by Debby Sharma to form to a collage.

 Mrs. and Mr. Courtois thanked Cowboy who graciously allowed them the venue to celebrate. Nichollas laughingly said, “CB who is like my brother, since I met the guy he's had no problem giving shit to me straight and threatening to kick me at every turn. Thanks for the support, brother. Then there's Black, my son, he thinks he's better looking than me but I think it's evident who's the good looking one in this family, his mother.” He continued, “I also want to thank Becks who has been there when I might have messed things up with the girl who is now my wife. So with all that out of the way I say get drunk, request some music, keep up the talking and have fun. Salud!” With this they raised glass for the last time till they put their feet on the floor with a brief cake cutting event and eventually to their first dance.


On behalf of 4m my Eyes!, we would like to wish all the happiness and love to the newlywed couple, Bubbles and Nichollas Courtois.

*Note this article was originally written for SL Enquirer.

No comments:

Post a Comment